Friday, September 22, 2017

Apartment Living



I was quite nervous about moving to a much smaller town aaand from living on 3 acres to having a 5X4 ft back yard. But, honestly I quite like apartment living. We walk in the mornings to the apartment gym where there is never any one else so the kids can play around while I get a quick workout. We have to take our laundry room a little ways but, I can do as many loads at once as I need to. We actually have a fenced in "backyard" and the gate opens up to dairy queen parking lot so... way too many blizzards over here. There is a lot of closets and storage space. We live on the first floor and usually have parking right in front of our place. I still have not unpacked all of our boxes but I am getting more and more settled in every day. We had a lot more stuff than I realized packed in that tiny 2 bedroom!

I am getting to know Abilene a little more as well and I have really been pleasantly surprised by how much this little town has to offer. Wednesday night I met with some new mothers and doulas at cute cafe downtown called Monks. The group was called Big Country Birth Network, we got to hear a few vbac stories and some other quick birth stories as well. It was so great getting together with women who have the same passion and I am really looking forward to getting to know the group more!

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend! I plan on spending this weekend in my parents pool as much as possible and going back to that cute cafe and exploring downtown Abilene!



No comments:

Post a Comment