Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Abilene oh Abilene



We moved here a little over a week ago and I have been sick for most of it. Kingsley is a little sick as well but her spirits are still up! Right now she and Elijah are playing super heroes running around our tiny new apartment. 

We all like our new little place quite a bit. I will post some pictures when I have things together better. Right now it still looks like were moving in... no pictures on the walls, boxes everywhere, dirty clothes ... also everywhere. I love having a dishwasher for the first time since we've been married, and also having a bathtub again! and normal size showers!!! The kids have a playground and a pool and a tiny backyard that they already escaped out of once(don't worry we caught them quickly and made a childproof lock for the gate). 

Recently I discovered that what I originally thought was gallstones was actually a stomach ulcer. After that news and watching What the Health on Netflix (must watch) we decided to try eating plant based as much as possible. So we don't buy dairy or meat but we will eat whatever we are served if were eating out of the house. It has definitely been the best diet for my stomach and has been really fun trying to find new recipes to eat. Tonight I will be making my version of these Crispy Potato Tacos with a homemade corn and black bean salsa. They are delicious and very filling!

Anyway I will try to keep posting more consistently to keep everyone involved that we don't get to see as often as we want!


1 comment:

  1. Great blog Cort!
    You have good things to say so keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete